NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- MicroVision (MVIS), a specialist in ultra-mini projection display technology, was surging Wednesday after it reached a development deal with a prominent global electronics company.
MicroVision shares were popping 29% to $2.06 in midday trading.
The company said it agreed to allow a Fortune Global 100 electronics giant to incorporate MicroVision's PicoP display technology into a display engine that could lead to the creation and launch of a variety of new commercial products.
Under the deal, MicroVision will help the original equipment manufacturer develop its display engine based on the patented PicoP display technology and receive from it $4.6 million in development fees over the next 13 months."We believe this agreement, a milestone advancement of our "Image by PicoP" licensing business model, helps build our pipeline for potential significant future revenue," Alexander Tokman, president and CEO of MicroVision, said in a statement. Names and other details of the contract are being kept confidential at the request of MicroVision's customer, the company said. Written by Andrea Tse in New York >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV