NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Tuesday, April 2:
1. -- U.S. stock futures were pointing to a rebound on Wall Street Tuesday ahead of a report that is expected to show an improvement in U.S. factory orders.
European stocks were rising Tuesday. Japan's Nikkei 225 fell 1.08%.
2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Tuesday includes factory orders for February at 10 a.m. EDT.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Monday fell amid soft manufacturing data. The S&P 500 dropped 0.45%, to 1,562.17 points. The Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.04%, at 14,572.85 on Monday. The Nasdaq dropped 0.87% to 3,239.17.
4. -- Nasdaq OMX Group (NDAQ) agreed to buy eSpeed from BGC Partners (BGCP) for $750 million in cash. eSpeed is an electronic service for trading U.S Treasury notes and bonds. The acquisition, which is expected to close in the middle of 2013, allows Nasdaq to expand into other investment fields.
5. -- U.S. automakers, including Ford (F) and General Motors (GM), are scheduled Tuesday to release auto sales for March.
6. -- AstraZeneca's (AZN) patent for its Pulmicort Respules asthma treatment has been ruled invalid by a U.S. court. The ruling allows Actavis (ACT) to launch a generic version of the drug; Actavis said it would do so immediately.
7. -- Goldman Sachs (GS) launched a specialty finance company to invest in risky credit products. Goldman has registered the fund as a "business development company" -- a type of investment vehicle that has grown in popularity over the past decade, and which allows Goldman to avoid certain regulations, according to The Wall Street Journal.
8. -- Former Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Mary Schapiro is joining consulting firm Promontory Financial Group, the Journal reported. An announcement is expected Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV