Late on Thursday, the chipmaker reported sales of $2.08 billion, above analysts' estimates of $1.92 billion. Micron posted a loss of 28 cents a share, compared with Wall Street's anticipated loss of 20 cents a share.
Shares of Micron gained 7.94% to reach $9.79 before market open. The Boise, Idaho-based firm was also the most active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 1,019,678.
Shares of Tibco Software (TIBX), however, slumped 16.44% to $19.36 after the company's first-quarter revenue miss.The software maker was another active premarket stock on share volume of 290,345. BlackBerry's (BBRY) stock gained 0.99% to $16.32, while Zynga (ZNGA) was up 2.06% to $3.42. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV