The stock was up 0.62% to $173.80, according to Nasdaq.com after gaining 0.13% during regular trading.
By executing the split, Salesforce is increasing the number of its shares outstanding, bulking-up to 1.6 billion from 400 million. Shareholders of record at the close on April 3, 2013 will be eligible for the split, and will receive an additional three shares for every outstanding share held at that time.
The company said in the press release that it expects the additional shares to be distributed by the transfer agent on April 17, and will begin trading split-adjusted on the next day, April 18, 2013.Salesforce.com recently reported earnings that were better than what Wall Street was expecting. The San Francisco-based software provider reported non-GAAP earnings of 51 cents a share on $835 million in revenue, as its software and services continue to show strength. Subscription and support revenue rose 32% year over year to $785 million, while professional services and other revenue grew 31% to $49 million. Wall Street analysts were expecting profit of 40 cents a share. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV