Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:35 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Tuesday:
Cramer is not betting on a takeover at Electronic Arts (ERTS), and he said he would be careful with Peabody Energy (BTU) because coal is a declining commodity. EA closed up 1.2% at $17.77 while BTU rose 1% at $20.98.
He was upbeat on Alkermes (ALKS), saying that stock is worth a lot more than it is selling for. But he's bearish on Schlumberger (SLB), a stock where he sees "no bottom." ALKS rose 3.8% to $23.46 and SLB rose 1% to $74.42.Finally, Cramer gave the nod to Pepsico (PEP), which he deemed an inexpensive growth stock, but said it's time to sell Southwest Energy (SWN) because the stock has run up big. PEP was up 1.4% at $78.92 but SWN fell 5 cents to $37.72. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV