Tech blog Gizmorati revealed, from an inside source at Apple, that the tech giant may announce the iPhone 5S and fifth-gen iPad at an event in San Francisco on the sixth anniversary of the iPhone unveiling. It was then that CEO Steve Jobs announced the iPhone to the world, and reignited the smartphone revolution that the world is seeing today.
The event will reportedly be titled "Original Passion, New Ideas," and be held on on June 29. Not only will the iPhone 5S be unveiled during the launch, but the fifth-generation iPad will also reportedly be unveiled during the presentation. It's unknown at this point whether the event would take place at Apple's campus in Cupertino, Calif., or perhaps the Moscone Center in San Francisco, where Apple has held events before. The iPhone 5 was unveiled at Yuerba Buena Arts Center, which TheStreet attended.
Apple could not be immediately reached for comment on this story.Apple's most recent product unveiling, in which it showed off the iPad mini, the fourth-gen iPad, among other products, was held in San Jose, Calif. at the California Theater. Shares of Apple were trading lower on Wednesday, off 0.77% to $450.99. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV