On Tuesday, the San Jose-based firm reported earnings of 35 cents a share on $1 billion in revenue. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for earnings of 31 cents a share on $986 million in revenue.
Adobe shares surged on the results, and were up 5.52% to $43 before market open. The company was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 272,381.
BlackBerry (BBRY) was another big gainer, rising 5.39% to $15.84, lifted by positive analyst sentiment. Morgan Stanley (MS) analyst Ehud Gelblum has upgraded the Canadian handset maker to "overweight" from "underweight" and raised his price target to a Wall Street high of $22. Gelblum believes that gross margins from the new BlackBerry 10 phones will add to BlackBerry's earnings this year.The phone giant was another active Nasdaq stock on share volume of 1,976,248. Zynga (ZNGA) shares, however, dipped 1.73% to $3.41 while SiriusXM (SIRI) shares crept up 0.33% to $3.07. Facebook (FB) gained 0.49% to $26.68. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV