Updated from 1:27 p.m. ET with settlement prices and Jeff Gundlach presentation
NEW YORK (
Gold for April delivery settled flat at $1,574.90 an ounce at the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. The
Gold prices gained $2.50 an ounce on Tuesday on the heels of an incremental rise on Monday. Mining stocks, riding the consecutive record closing highs of the Dow, won the spotlight on Wednesday."The thing to look at today with gold is that you have a pretty big reversal in the miners," said Jared Dillian, editor of The Daily Dirtnap and a former Lehman Brothers trader. "The big story in gold hasn't been so much the physical over the last couple of weeks, it's actually been the miners --
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV