I'll make this quick because there's no need to spend a ton of time on it.
Guys like Richard Greenspare of BTIG Media will use this to push their vendettas against Pandora. They are no longer bear cases. It's become as disingenuous and dirty as politics. If you hate Obama, nothing he does is good. If you hated Bush, same thing. Along similar lines, no matter what Pandora does, bears will spin it to suit their case. It's become personal.
Richard Greenspare (or is it Greenfield?) has no credibility on Pandora. None. He refuses to do his homework and properly engage the company. You can't talk to everybody, but when you're as negative as he is on Pandora, you simply cannot hit and run a company, yet refuse to interact with its management, at least not if you want to be known as a Wall Street analyst with a shred of integrity.I single out Greenspare because he'll undoubtedly be out with "a cautious note" on the news that Pandora will limit mobile listening to 40 hours per month. This is only news insofar as the company has a legal and customer-service related responsibility to disclose it. Here are the details many members of the media want to ignore:
- This cap impacts less than 4% of Pandora's audience.
- The company did the same thing with desktop listening several years ago -- and later lifted it -- as desktop revenue was ramping, just as mobile revenue is now.
- You can listen unlimited on mobile if you hit the cap by paying 99 cents for the remainder of the month or buying a $36 annual Pandora One subscription.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV