NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- While Steve Ballmer feebly attempts to justify years of mismanagement at Microsoft (MSFT), Google (GOOG) continues to execute its not-so-sneaky end-around that could ultimately force Ballmer out of a job and finally provide competition for Tim Cook at Apple (AAPL).
Google introduced Chromebook Pixel on Thursday. In and of itself, that's not a big deal. This device will not change the game. It will not stop very many, if any, MacBook purchases from happening, though it, along with Google's less expensive line of laptops, will eventually gain traction against PCs, particularly ultrabooks.
Matt Baxter-Reynolds wrote an interesting article for
Clarification: Tech geeks and their sympathizers are talking about Chromebooks. As for the rest of the population, they either do not know or can faintly recall that they even exist. If Google wanted to pique the masses' interests, it could have used its firepower to do something less convoluted and more creative than purposely producing something that's not very good.TheStreet contributor Anton Wahlman
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV