Why? Because he's not a bean counter. He thinks about the big picture. He conducts on-the-ground research in Silicon Valley, among other places. And his hard work produces some of the best articles on TheStreet.
Prior to earnings,
The only thing that matters in this report is that they have accelerated profitability by 9 months (4Q13 to 1Q13) while maintaining the 2013 sales goal of 20,000 cars. This is a clear incremental positive.
Everything else is noise ...
Wahlman stayed consistent not because he wants to be right, but because he is right. There's a relatively small, yet meaningful difference between the two things.Investors misunderstand some stocks to the upside. Netflix (NFLX) -- prime example. Though I don't agree, others consider Amazon.com (AMZN) the poster child. Other companies/stocks get misunderstood to the downside. Pandora (P), though on a nice run of late, and Apple (AAPL) come to mind, but there's no stock more misunderstood -- whether it's going up or down -- than TSLA. Tesla's different for many reasons; in particular, because it's more of a political battleground than a Wall Street battleground. It's bad enough when
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV