TheStreet polled its readers, and an overwhelming majority of them would buy an Apple-branded watch, if such a product exists.
Of the 1,455 people who voted, 75% of them said they would buy an iWatch, if Apple released such a product. Just 13% of respondents said "No," with another 13% saying they weren't sure.
Rumors circulated last week that the company was developing its own smart watch, with several publications publishing various stories about Apple's potential move into the nascent industry. Bloomberg had some surprisingly strong detail, saying Apple had about 100 employees working on the device, and named James Foster, senior director of engineering, and Achim Pantfoerder as part of the team.A smart watch by Apple could be big business for the company, which has recently dealt with concerns over innovation. Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty believes the watch could be worth as much as $10 billion to $15 billion in annual revenue for Apple, assuming a $200 price point. Shares of Apple were lower in Tuesday trading, off 0.65% to $457.17. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV