NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Office equipment giant Staples (SPLS) was the most active premarket Nasdaq stock on Tuesday following media reports that rivals Office Depot (ODP) and OfficeMax (OMX) are in advanced merger talks.
Staples rose 13.44% to $14.69 on share volume of 549,382 before market open.
BlackBerry (BBRY) was another winner, rising 2.37% to $14.49 on share volume of 429,108.
Vodafone (VOD), however, was a loser, tumbling 2.93% to $25.19 on share volume of 323,147.Zynga (ZNGA) rose 2.19% to $3.27. Apple (AAPL) shares rose 0.47% to $462.3. Shares of Dell (DELL), which reports its fourth-quarter results after market close, crept up 0.07% to $13.82 in premarket trading. TheStreet will be live-blogging Dell's results, starting at 3:45 p.m. EST. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV