NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Wednesday, Feb. 20:
1. -- U.S. stock futures pointed to a higher open for Wall Street on Wednesday as deals news fueled investor sentiment.
European stocks were trading mixed while Asian shares ended the session in the green. Japan's Nikkei 225 index rose 0.8%.
2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Wednesday includes housing starts and building permits for January at 8:30 a.m. EST, and the Producer Price Index for January, also at 8:30 a.m. The Federal Open Market Committee plans to release minutes of its January meeting at 2 p.m.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Tuesday finished with gains, with the benchmark S&P 500 hitting a five-year high, as investor sentiment improved on another set of deals headlines. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed up 54 points, or 0.4%, to 14,036. The S&P 500 added 11 points, or 0.7%, to close at 1,531. The Nasdaq tacked on 22 points, or 0.7%, to finish at 3,214.
4. -- Dell's (DELL - Get Report) fourth-quarter earnings and revenue topped Wall Street estimates. The PC maker reported fourth-quarter non-GAAP earnings of 40 cents a share on $14.3 billion in revenue, down 11% year over year, but up 4% over the previous quarter. The company noted that networking was strong, with revenue from the segment growing 42%. Analysts were looking for earnings of 39 cents a share on revenue of $14.1 billion. Citing the announcement to take the company private, Dell is not providing an outlook for its fiscal 2014 or the first quarter.
5. -- Tesla Motors (TSLA - Get Report) is expected by analysts Wednesday to report a fourth-quarter loss of 53 cents a share on revenue of $298.9 million. TheStreet will be live-blogging Tesla's results Wednesday at 3:45 p.m.
6. -- Engineers at Boeing (BA - Get Report) accepted a new four-year contract while technical workers rejected their offer and voted to authorize a future strike. The vote tallied late Tuesday came as the company is trying to solve battery problems that have grounded its new 787s. Reuters, citing a source familiar with the aerospace company's plans, reported that Boeing has found a way to fix battery problems with its Dreamliner jets which involves increasing the space between cells.
7. -- Sony (SNE) is widely expected Wednesday to unveil the PlayStation 4 game console at an event in New York.
8. -- Homebuilder Toll Brothers (TOL - Get Report) posted fiscal first-quarter profit and revenue below analysts' expectations.
9. -- Herbalife (HLF - Get Report), at the center of a public fight between Carl Icahn and Bill Ackman, said Tuesday that fourth-quarter earnings and revenue rose from a year earlier, and it lifted its outlook for the year.
10. -- Bank of America (BAC) CEO Brian Moynihan's total pay package in 2012 was about $12 million, which included $11.1 million of restricted shares. He made $7 million in 2011.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.