NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Friday, Feb. 15:
1. -- U.S. stock futures were suggesting Wall Street would open lower Friday, tracking European markets which were declining on disappointing news about Germany's economic growth.
G-20 finance ministers are meeting in Moscow this weekend; one of the topics on the agenda is concern over a possible currency war.
Asian stocks ended Friday's session mixed. Japan's Nikkei 225 index fell 1.2% to close at 11,173.83.
2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Friday includes the Empire State Manufacturing index for February at 8:30 a.m. EST, industrial production at 9:15 a.m., and the University of Michigan sentiment index for February at 9:55 a.m.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Thursday ended little changed following an early selloff, amid a number of high-profile corporate deals and better-than-expected jobs data. The Dow Jones Industrial Average slipped 10 points, or 0.1%, to end 13,973. The S&P 500 tacked on 1 point to 1,521. The Nasdaq added 2 points to finish at 3,199.
4. -- Greenlight Capital's David Einhorn, putting his money where his mouth is, added to his Apple (AAPL) holdings as of the end of 2012. Einhorn, who is suing the iPhone maker to try to prevent the company from changing its charter, now owns 1.3 million shares according to his latest 13F filing, up from the third quarter, when he owned 1.09 million shares.
5. -- George Soros also added to his stake in Apple during the fourth quarter. According to his latest 13F, Soros owned 183,976 shares of Apple, up from the 84,858 shares he owned in the third quarter. Soros trimmed his position in other technology names, including Facebook (FB) and Amazon.com (AMZN).
6. -- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) initiated a stake in Internet-infrastructure specialist Verisign (VRSN), according to the latest 13F regulatory filings.
7. -- Kraft Foods (KRFT), the packaged food and beverage company, is forecast by analysts Friday to report fourth-quarter profit of 24 cents a share on revenue of $4.75 billion.
8. -- Campbell Soup (CPB) is expected by Wall Street to report fiscal second-quarter earnings of 66 cents a share on revenue of $2.32 billion.
9. -- Nasdaq OMX (NDAQ) said it plans soon to start processing trades at 4 a.m. EST, The Wall Street Journal reported. The earlier start time is a challenge to NYSE Euronext (NYX), whose electronic Arca exchange began matching bids and offers for shares at 4 a.m. in 2005.
10. -- A meteor across the sky above Russia's Ural Mountains sparked sharp explosions on Friday, injuring more than 400 people, many from broken glass, according to multiple reports.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV