In a New York Times article talking about a potential Apple iWatch, Nick Bilton touches on Apple's penchant for pushing the boundaries, even taking on the automobile industry. Before Jobs passed away, Apple reportedly wanted to make its own car. Prior to his death in October 2011, Jobs had a meeting with John Markoff of The New York Times, telling Markoff that he would've liked Apple to do something with autos.
This isn't the first time we've heard about Apple and autos. Back in August, Apple's Senior Vice President of Marketing, Phil Schiller, touched on this subject during the company's patent trial with Samsung. "First, Apple had been known for years for the Mac. Then we had a big hit called the iPod -- it really changed the view inside and outside the company," Schiller said. "People were suggesting every idea: make a camera, make a car -- crazy stuff."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV