In a phone interview with TheStreet, Chief Financial Officer David Ebersman said that "2012 was the year Facebook became a mobile company. Mobile provides a huge opportunity for Facebook, and we're working to make sure our ad products work well on mobile."
Mobile revenue represented 23% of advertising sales in the fourth quarter, up from 14% in the third quarter. Total advertising revenue was $1.585 billion.
While mobile continues to become a bigger part of the company, "it's still very early in mobile," Ebersman said. "It's still early in bringing products to market, and we want to make sure our ad products work well."For the first time, the rapidly growing company experienced mobile daily active users (DAU) surpass web DAUs. "This is exactly what we expect," Ebersman, 42, said. "The rapid growth of MAU provides greater utility." Costs and expenses rose sharply, jumping 82% to $1.06 billion, but the former Genentech CFO isn't worried. "Our key issues are investments in our people
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV