Citing anonymous sources, the Financial Times late Friday reported that BlackRock had launched an $80 million tender offer to a number of Twitter's early employees.
The offer would value the social media company at more than $9 billion, up from the $8 billion valuation at the time of Twitter's last significant round of fundraising, the newspaper said.
The latest valuation is less, however, than the $10 billion to $11 billion price implied by two secondary transactions completed last year, the FT added.The FT said that although Twitter facilitated the transaction, it did not raise any new capital with it. Also citing anonymous sources, The Wall Street Journal later reported that BlackRock had made a tender offer of about $80 million. Both BlackRock and Twitter declined to comment, the FT reported. Shares of BlackRock finished Friday up 9 cents at $236.42.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV