Unless you're a short-term swing trader or active trader, there's little reason to pay attention to events causing knee-jerk reactions. If you take a look, you will see that most releases have done nothing but elevate investor stress levels.
Long-term investors shouldn't care about a single quarter's results. Watching patterns develop over several quarters is the only way to avoid overconfidence (or "overpessimism"). Active traders can roll in and out of positions at incredible speed because a company's worth doesn't matter. What matters to them is the expectation of price movement and direction today.
If you're a long-term investor, here are the key takeaways from the earnings release. These are the primary points I am focused on and used as influences for my decision to go long.Gross Margin: In
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV