NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today I profile another five Dow components and four other companies that report quarterly results on Wednesday and Thursday. Included today is my latest update on Apple (AAPL) which reports tomorrow after the close. On Monday, I profiled nine stocks that report quarterly results today in How to Trade the Big Stocks Reporting Earnings Tuesday.
At www.ValuEngine.com we show that 41.4% of all stocks are undervalued, and that all 16 sectors are overvalued. Here are the latest sector readings. Note that 12 sectors have elevated trailing 12 months price-to-earnings ratios.
Among today's nine companies one is rated strong buy, five are rated buy and three are rated hold, five are undervalued by 0.5% to 32.0% and four are overvalued by 6.1% to 9.1%. Only two are down over the last 12 months, and all seven of the winners show double-digit gains of 15.0% to 41.6%.
All are expected to be higher 12 months from now with projected gains of between 3.3% and 12.2%. The trailing 12 months P/E range from 10.4 to 24.4. We show 5 of 9 above their 200-day simple moving averages reflecting the downside risk of a reversion to the mean.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV