RIM, Nokia, Facebook, Apple: Tech Premarket
The Canadian handset maker, which will unveil its eagerly anticipated BlackBerry 10 devices later this month, was downgraded to underperform from market perform by BMO Capital Markets on Thursday.
"We are growing more cautious on RIM as we leave CES and approach the launch of BB10 devices later this month," wrote BMO analyst Tim Long, in a note. "While BB10 should be a meaningful improvement, we are not expecting the new phones to stem market share losses."
RIM was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 166,236.Nokia (NOK) was also down before market open, dipping 1.12% to $4.40, despite reporting better-than-expected sales of its Lumia smartphones earlier this week. Facebook (FB), which hosts a major press event next week, dipped 0.38% to $31.18 on share volume of 574,666. Apple (AAPL) shares dipped 0.48% to $521 on share volume of 67,206. Chip design specialist ARM (ARMH) slipped 0.26% to $41.90, while Microsoft (MSFT) gained 0.11% to $26.49. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV