- Wells Fargo reports fourth-quarter profit of 91 cents a share, beating the consensus estimate of 89 cents, according to data compiled by Bloomberg
- Excluding items, net income was $5.1 billion, beating an estimate of $4.82 billion.
- Net revenue came in at $21.9 billion, beating an estimate of $21.3 billion.
- Annual profits of $18.9 billion were a record for the bank.
- Net interest margin fell 10 basis points, missing some estimates.
- Core loans grew $47.7 billion versus the third quarter.
Wells Fargo Beats but Margin Pressure Continues
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.