- More Americans say they will hike spending on tourism and travel (26% this year, versus 22% last year).
- More Americans say they will spend on clothing and accessories this year (28% vs. 23%).
- More Americans plan to dine out (19% vs. 14%).
- More Americans expect to go to concerts, sporting events and other entertainment venues (19% to 14%).
- The largest "big ticket" purchases will be new cars (26%), followed by major household appliances (17%) and home renovations (11%). About 8% of Americans say they are buying a home.
5 Things Americans Are Doing With Their Money in 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.