NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Cloud is the first computing revolution created in the era of open source.
While Amazon.com (AMZN) has proprietary advantage in the Application Program Interface used for its EC2 cloud, and while VMware (VMW) has proprietary advantage in its vSphere virtualization system, most of cloud computing runs on open source.
Open source idealism is infused throughout the cloud computing industry. This makes profit harder to come by as the benefits of open source flow naturally to users rather than bankers or salesmen. It means that if you're in the cloud computing business, you need to tread lightly, keeping your knife in your boot rather than on your belt.VMware and Red Hat (RHT) are now learning this the hard way as they battle over an open source project called
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV