Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- There's a price at which even the most hated stocks become attractive, Jim Cramer told Lindsey Bell at TheStreet.com Thursday. And that's the price at which investors should speculate, he continued, as we've seen with several recommendations.
Cramer said he was bearish on both Nokia (NOK) and Sprint Nextel (S) as those stocks sunk lower, but as they hit $2 a share he began to recommend them as a speculation and both investments have paid off.
Cramer said he missed telling investors to buy into SuperValu (SVU), but that's another example of a stock that got too cheap to ignore.That's why Cramer said he's no longer going to discourage investors who'd like to roll the dice on Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) or Radio Shack (RSH) or Best Buy (BBY). Cramer said he still thinks these stocks could head lower, but at these bargain basement prices it's too late to sell them. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV