RIM Roundup: BB 10 Phones Almost Ready
NEW YORK (TheStreet) - There's lots of news reports swirling around Research in Motion (RIMM) as we get closer to the launch of its completely overhauled BlackBerry 10 mobile operating system and the new phones which will run it.
But those two phones are only the beginning. In an interview at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, RIM told Fierce Wireless that we should expect six new BlackBerry 10 devices this year. The rumor mill suggests that for the initial round there will be at least two new handsets - one with a keyboard on the front and the other a pure touchscreen model.
And, RIM reportedly says it'll be ready with a big chunk of the new ecosystem when the phones launch. Especially when it comes to apps which will run on the new OS. RIM's VP of Developer Relations, Alec Saunders, told The Verge that the company had achieved its goals in both total numbers and landing the most important top apps that people want.We'll know soon enough what it's planning. The big Research in Motion launch event is scheduled to take place in three weeks, here in New York City. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV