NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- After a brief parting from my charts to watch Green Bay's glorious victory and dominance over the Vikings in title-town, I reviewed many more dividend paying stocks.
Even with dividend tax rates going up and even if growth and earnings come under pressure as a result of consumers spending less, your portfolio is going to be very happy to at least have regular dividend income arriving while we all collectively sit on our hands and wait this economic downturn out.
In the first half of 2013, we have federal tax-and-spending battles to look forward to. In the second half, we have fears of the Affordable Care Act taxes and regulations starting in 2014.
With the one-two punch we can see coming our way, should we just write the whole year off and go on vacation? Not at all. Now is the time to get serious about finding ways to make money in this environment. Even if, you can't bank on a bull market, you can position your portfolio for an attractive yield.
If we pull out of the recession and the market moves higher, these stocks stand to profit and go along for the ride too.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV