Tacked on to previously reported third-quarter sales of $18.6 million, Kyprolis closed out 2012 with net sales exceeding $62 million, Onyx said during its presentation at the J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference.
At this pace, Kyprolis is already well on it way towards topping Wall Street's 2013 consensus sales estimate of approximately $200 million. The FDA approved Kyprolis in July for the treatment of patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma.
I got a chance to speak with Onyx CEO Tony Coles before his J.P. Morgan presentation. Here's some of what he had to say:On the Kyprolis launch and goals for 2013: "We're really pleased with the U.S. launch. It's got off to a good start with rapid penetration in patients and accounts in the third quarter and that's continued through the end of the year. The next question for us is what we do in Europe and the rest-of-world markets. "In Europe, approval is contingent on the FOCUS and ASPIRE trials... We could file on either one of these studies. We should have interim results in the second half of the year from the FOCUS trial and results from ASPIRE as early as the fourth quarter."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV