LAS VEGAS ( TheStreet) -- The eyes of the tech world were on the Consumer Electronics Show this week, as heavyweights such as HP (HP), Intel (INTC), Broadcom (BRCM) and Samsung touted their latest wares.
Semiconductor firms, in particular, were out in force at CES, with Qualcomm (QCOM) CEO Paul Jacobs taking over the opening keynote spot vacated by Microsoft's (MSFT) Steve Ballmer on Monday evening. The chip maker also unveiled its new Snapdragon mobile processor at the event, while Intel set out its 2013 chip roadmap.
Samsung was also a high-profile presence in Vegas, touting its 2013 TV lineup and taking a shot at arch-rival Apple (AAPL). Japanese electronics giant Sharp was busy, too, throwing its weight behind new super-sized television sets.HP used CES to push a host of new products, including displays, notebooks and a pocket-sized storage device for wireless content streaming. It's not just big tech names, though, that flock to CES. Car makers such as Ford (F) and Audi were also in attendance, as well as hot startups looking to develop "the next big thing." Check out our recap of CES to find out what happened this week. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in Las Vegas and James Rogers in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull Follow @jamesjrogers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV