NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Lindsey Bell: So we got the fiscal-cliff deal at the 12th hour last night. We're you happy with it? It seems like there's a little bit of can-kicking with spending cuts and such.
Well, I think you're not supposed to be happy with the deal. You're not happy with a deal where everybody pays a little bit more because of the increase in the payroll tax, and actually I pay a lot more. I'm now in the 53% bracket, which is disturbing to me, but that's the way it is and we had a good run. Speaking more importantly about what I care about: capital gains and dividends. They are being taxed very reasonably, which is good for stocks, certainly better than bonds. Certainty does matter. It's easy to now say, "OK, listen, let's gird for the next battle in partisanship."I find that you have to accept the fact that there's a lot of money coming in today. Some of that has to be because we've got certainty. We do have some earnings coming up. I don't think all the earnings are going to be good. So it's not a bad opportunity to straighten out your portfolio. Get out of stuff that won't be that good in the fourth quarter. That what Stephanie
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV