Nvidia's New Mobile Processor to Offer Amazing Performance
According to a blog post in Chinese, Nvidia is preparing its Tegra 4 processor with six times the computing power of the current Tegra 3 chips.
The new chips, codenamed "Wayne," are reportedly quad-core along with a fifth core (doesn't that make it a penta-core?) designed to help save battery life, which is always one of the main stumbling blocks with battery-powered gear. Its main competition is Qualcomm's (QCOM) Snapdragon processor.
As for video prowess, the Tegra 4 is said to be able to tap 72-core performance -- six times that of the Tegra 3 -- in products such as the Google (GOOG) Asus Nexus 7 tablet. In terms of sheer numbers, it means the Tegra 4 will be able to deal with 1080p quality, 2560 by 1440 pixel video at 120 hertz. That's pretty amazing for a mobile-device chip.It also appears the Tegra 4 will be able to handle USB 3.0 input and output. No word on when the Tegra 4 might be officially announced. But, with the Consumer Electronics Show coming up in January and Barcelona's Mobile World Congress in February, we should know a lot more about it very soon. -- Written by Gary Krakow in New York >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV