NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The construction sector is the most overvalued of the 16 sectors covered by www.ValuEngine.com. The construction sector is 14.9% overvalued with the building -- residential/commercial industry 29.11% overvalued. Compare this to the building production-wood industry at 18.7% overvalued, the building -- heavy construction industry at 12.3% overvalued, and the engineering -- R&D services industry 13.2% undervalued.
On Monday, we learned that construction spending rose by a better than expected 1.4% in October, as the construction sector is becoming a bright spot for the U.S. economy. Compare this to manufacturing. Also on Monday we learned that the national reading of the ISM Manufacturing Index unexpectedly contracted to 49.5 in November.
Today I profile 14 construction stocks and five of them being upgraded this morning, four to buy from hold and one from sell to hold.
On Nov. 28 I wrote
Reading the TableOV/UN Valued: Stocks with a red number are undervalued by this percentage. Those with a black number are overvalued by that percentage according to ValuEngine. VE Rating: A "1-engine" rating is a strong sell, a "2-engine" rating is a sell, a "3-engine" rating is a hold, a "4-engine" rating is a buy and a "5-engine" rating is a strong buy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV