DigiTimes reported that the panels used in the iPad mini are suffering from low yield rates, with Apple suppliers AU Optronics (AUO) and LG are having problems with supplies. That's reportedly affecting the amount of iPad minis that can be shipped this year.
DigiTimes has been spotty with its Apple rumors in the past, so take this one with a giant grain of salt. It is worth noting, though, that the iPad mini is back-ordered on Apple's Web site, showing a two-week delay on all models, including the LTE versions from Verizon (VZ), Sprint (S) and AT&T (T).Apple has reportedly made a major bet on the iPad mini for the holiday season, knowing the popularity of tablets as gifts. Apple may have ordered up to as many as 10 million units of the iPad Mini for the fourth quarter. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV