BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The 10 best-performing biopharmaceutical stocks of 2012 and their outlook for 2013:
10. Affymax (AFFY) +256%
Not only has the commercial launch of Affymax's once-monthly anemia drug Omontys started off strong, but investors are also rewarding the company for its efforts -- and those of partner Takeda. Affymax shares are up more than 60% since Omontys was approved in late March. In other words, the "short the drug launch" thesis that has been nearly bulletproof in biotech for the past few years is not working with Affymax.
Looking ahead to 2013, Affymax could maintain its momentum by signing Omontys supply agreements with the remaining two mid-sized dialysis organizations (MDOs) that are not yet using the drug.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV