Closing prices were added to the end of this piece.
Zynga could not be immediately reached for comment for this story.
Shares of Facebook (FB) fell 2.37% to $21.83 as traders locked in profits following a strong run up after a lockup expired, allowing company insiders to sell some 800 million shares of the social networking giant. This is the second lock-up expiration that Facebook has dealt with since going public in mid-May. The first lock-up was up in August, releasing some 270 million shares. Hedge funds filed 13Fs yesterday, showing some of their latest buys and sells. Tiger Global Management added to its position in Menlo Park, Calif.-based Facebook.
Dell (DELL) shares ticked higher, adding 0.16% to reach $9.60 as the PC maker gets set to report third-quarter earnings tonight. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect the Round Rock, Texas-based company to earn 40 cents a share on $13.89 billion in revenue. Interested in more on Dell? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. The update: Zynga closed 15 cents higher at $2.29. Facebook gave up 19 cents to close lower at $22.17 and Dell came in at $9.56, about 2 cents off. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV