NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- With so much uncertainty in the stock market, it's nice to have a relatively stable area where investors can take long-term cover.
Lately, it's been dividend stocks. Now, we're told that run is over. I don't buy it. It's rarely, if ever, a bad time to make regular purchases of dividend payers, particularly in growth stocks. In fact, most investors should probably use the strategy as a major portfolio foundation.
That said, speaking directly to sectors, there's probably not a space with better visibility and relative certainty than media.
There are incredible existing and potential synergies between big media and empire building, particularly in sports programming and franchises.I have hammered it pretty hard: Buy big media stocks because/if they:
Control key 'appointment viewing'-type content, such as live sports programming;
Have a clear path to grow revenue by expanding that empire.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV