Among the many moves revealed in Einhorn's latest 13F filing, is the initiation of a hefty position of roughly 4 million Yahoo! shares during the third quarter.
Einhorn cut his stake in Apple to 1.09 million shares as of Sept. 30 from 1.45 million at the end of June.Greenlight's exposure to Seagate saw a deep cut, going to 16.6 million shares from 23.2 million. Einhorn liquidated holdings in Microsoft options, but kept his nearly 7.3 million share stake in the company. Einhorn, who touted General Motors at an investment conference in October, added to his stake in the Detroit-based automaker during the third quarter, going to 21.6 million shares from 17.4 million. In addition to Yahoo!, Einhorn initiated new positions in names such as Babcock & Wilcox (BWC) and Aecom Technology (ACOM). Einhorn had owned shares of Yahoo! in the past but traded out as his thesis changed under former CEO Scott Thompson. Interested in more on Yahoo!? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV