The DNA looks awesome. On the outside it has a 5-inch, full-1080p, Super LCD touchscreen display and packs the most pixels per inch - 440 ppi - of any smartphone on the market. Inside there's a 1.5 GHz, quad-core, Qualcomm (QCOM), Snapdragon S4 processor. The DNA runs on Google's (GOOG), Android 4.1 operating system - a.k.a. "Jelly Bean".
Add to that an 8 MP camera on the back, a 2.1 MP shooter (full HD) up front, dual audio amplifiers (one for the built-in speakers and the other for headphones/headsets), Beats Audio (if you prefer your music bass heavy), a 2,020 mAh rechargeable battery pack and, of course, Verizon 4G/LTE connectivity and you have quite a package.
Of course, you can tell from across the room that the DNA is a Verizon Droid device - the perforated, red, racing stripes down the sides, as well as the red circle surrounding the back camera are dead giveaways.Pre-orders for the DNA begin today on Verizon's Web site. The phone will officially be available in its retail stores as of Nov. 21 and will sell for a penny under $200, along with a two-year service contract. We have a test unit and will let you know what we think very soon. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV