In a statement released early on Monday, RIM confirmed that a launch event will take place on Jan. 30, 2013, happening simultaneously in multiple countries around the world.
As well as marking the official launch of the new BlackBerry 10 platform, RIM will also unveil its first two BlackBerry 10 smartphones on Jan.30. Details on the smartphones and their availability will be announced at the event, according to RIM.
RIM shares rose 2.81% to $8.78 before market open. The Waterloo, Ontario-based firm was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 125,514.Apple (AAPL) shares crept up 0.68% to $550.8 in premarket trading on share volume of 90,995. Facebook (FB) shares were down 0.52% to $19.11 on share volume of 379,994 . Shares of Groupon (GRPN), which badly missed third-quarter earnings estimates last week, slipped 1.81% to $2.71 on share volume of 375,439. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV