CTL: Unusual Options Activity (incl video)
TheStreet Premium Services
A complimentary preview
of Options-Profits Previews
(CTL) is a provider of various communication services including local and long distance, cloud hosting, and wireless services. CTL announced earnings on November 7th reporting earnings of $0.66 per share, beating analyst estimates of $0.58. The stock is currently trading around $39.20 in a 52-week range of $34.81-$43.43. The stock is up 5.38% YTD and 6.64% in the past 12 months.
Earlier today there was heavy volume in CTL calls. Paper sold 5000 CTL January 40 calls at $0.55. What is paper? Paper is simply a large order from a mutual fund, hedge fund, retail bank, or large trader. An order of this size is bearish activity in CTL.
Trade: Buy to open CTL January 39-37 put spread for $0.70.
Risk: $70 per 1 lot
Reward: $1.30 per 1 lot
Notes: Paper sold 5000 CTL January 40 Calls, bearish activity in the stock. This trade also has a great risk vs. reward setup.
OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV