- Shares of Citigroup (C - Get Report) closed at $36.05 Wednesday, returning 37% year-to-date, following a 44% decline last year. The shares trade for 0.7 times their reported Sept. 30 tangible book value of $52.70, and for eight times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $4.64.
- JPMorgan Chase (JPM - Get Report) closed at $40.46 Wednesday, returning 25% year-to-date, following a 20% decline during 2011. The shares trade for 1.1 times tangible book value, according to Thomson Reuters Bank Insight, and for eight times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $5.32. In addition to historically attractive valuations, JPMorgan's shares have an attractive dividend yield of 2.97%.
- Shares of Wells Fargo (WFC - Get Report) closed at $32.91 Wednesday, returning 22% year-to-date, following a 10% decline during 2011. The shares trade for 1.5 times tangible book value, and for nine times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $3.63. Based on a quarterly payout of 22 cents, Wells Fargo's shares have a dividend yield of 2.67%. Wells Fargo higher multiple to book value reflects the company's status as the best and most consistent earner among the big four, with operating returns on average assets (ROA) improving from 1.27% to 1.46% over the past five quarters, according to Thomson Reuters.
Bank of America Has 30% Upside: Analyst (Update 1)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.