KBW Shares Jump on Stifel Takeover
KBW shareholders will receive $17.50 per share, consisting of $10 in cash and $7.50 of Stifel stock. Holders of restricted KBW shares will receive $17.50 of Stifel stock.
Shares of Stifel closed Friday at $31.91. Shares of KBW were up 6.6% in premarket trading.
The combined company provides Stifel with "an exciting opportunity to grow and become a market leader in the financial services sector," Stifel Chairman and CEO Ronald J Kruszewski said in a statement.Stifel will gain access to $250 million excess capital on KBW's balance sheet upon merger. Annualized net revenues for the two companies are approximately $1.8 billion, based upon 2012 results through September 30, 2012. "This merger will allow KBW to focus on its strengths in the financial services sector while offering clients a greatly expanded array of products and services through the Stifel platform," Thomas Michaud, president and CEO of KBW, said in a statement. Stifel was advised by its own subsidiary Stifel Nicolaus. KBW was advised by its wholly-owned subsidiary KBW and BofA Merrill Lynch. -- Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV