NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- What's happening in small business today?
1. Romney's immigration law will pressure small businesses. Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney vows there will be less regulation for small businesses under his leadership, but his support for an immigration law currently in 18 states could mean an extra step in the hiring process for all businesses, according to CNNMoney.
The government program called E-Verify requires business owners to check the legal status of all new workers against Social Security and immigration records.
Some small businesses say the added responsibility is a waste of time and an unnecessary layer of regulation that takes away from running their business.Experts say the program doesn't always catch fraud and could even falsely flag legal workers, the article says. 2. Capital One partners with Count Me In to create a mentorship program for women military veterans. Capital One (COF) and Count Me In for Women's Economic Independence, a nonprofit organization that provides business education and resources for women entrepreneurs, have launched a joint initiative -- the Women Veteran Entrepreneur Corps -- to help women veterans fuel the growth of their small businesses and create jobs. The training and mentorship program is designed to help established women small-business owners who are veterans (or spouses or domestic partners of veterans) conquer daily business challenges and plan for future growth and success.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV