"Yahoo! had a solid third quarter, and we are encouraged by the stabilization in search and display revenue," said Marissa Mayer, the company's CEO. "We're taking important steps to position Yahoo! for long-term success, and we're confident that our focus on quality and improving the user experience will drive increased value for our advertisers, partners and shareholders."
Western Digital (WDC), however, was a big loser, tumbling 7.2% to $32.74. On Monday, after market close, the hard disk drive maker reported strong fiscal first-quarter results but offered weak guidance.Shares of Texas Instruments (TXN) dipped 0.5% to $27.65 after the chipmaker released third-quarter results and investors responded to the firm's weaker-than-expected guidance. The Dallas-based company cited ongoing weakness in the economy and the semiconductor market. Facebook (FB), which reports its third-quarter results on Tuesday, slipped 0.47% to $19.23 before market open. Shares of Apple (AAPL), which is expected to launch the iPad Mini at a press event on Tuesday, dipped 0.57% to $630.4. TheStreet will be live-blogging the Apple event, starting at 12:30 p.m. EDT. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV