NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Earnings season is my favorite time of year, even with the go-go nonstop action that forces so many sleepless nights. We have over 100 companies that are worth keeping your eyeballs focused on. Included here are the six most market moving energy-related companies.
Diamond Offshore (DO)
Background: Diamond Offshore operates as an offshore oil and gas drilling contractor worldwide. It offers a range of services in the ultra-deepwater, deepwater and midwater markets, as well as in the non-floater or jack-up market. The company was founded in 1989 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas. Diamond is a subsidiary of Loews Corporation. Diamond Offshore trades an average of 1.3 million shares per day with a marketcap of $9 billion.52-Week Range: $50.73 to $73.50 Book Value: $32.24 Price to Book: 2 DO is forecast to report lower third-quarter earnings before the market opens on Oct. 18. The consensus estimate is currently $1.01 a share, falling 84 cents (45.4%) from $1.85 during the same period last year. Analysts' estimates this quarter range from 83 cents, to a high of $1.16 per share. Real Money's Bret Jensen writes about Diamond in
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV