Early on Wednesday, Bloomberg reported that the social networking phenomenon fought the Securities and Exchange Commission to keep risks related to its mobile business hidden prior to its IPO earlier this year. Facebook has not yet responded to TheStreet's request for comment on this story.
Shares of Netflix (NFLX), which closed down 10.87% on Tuesday, rose 0.92% to $66.13 early Wednesday. In a statement released after market close on Tuesday, Microsoft (MSFT) announced that Netflix CEO Reed Hastings is stepping down from the software giant's board.
"I've decided to reduce the number of boards I serve on, so that I can focus on Netflix and on my education work," noted Hastings in the statement.Microsoft shares dipped 0.14% to$29.24 in premarket trading on Wednesday. Shares of Apple (AAPL), which is rumored to be planning an iPad Mini launch for later this month, crept up 0.37% to $638.01. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV