Apple posted a video remembering the life and times of its legendary co-founder on the front page of its Web site, while CEO Tim Cook wrote a letter expressing what Steve Jobs meant to the company, as well as the world.
Under Cook, Apple has released several new products, including the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, the new iPad, and a new line of Macs with Retina Display. He has also turned Apple into the most valuable company in the world. Shares have gained 62.5% year-to-date.
Shares of Sourcefire (FIRE) rose 2.87% to $48.74 as investors appear to be focusing on news earlier in the week that the company's third-quarter results will be better-than-expected. On Tuesday the company announced the retirement of CEO John Burris. Burris had previously been on medical leave. Martin Roesch, Sourcefire's CTO, will continue to act as interim CEO until a replacement is found. Interested in more on Sourcefire? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV