5 Top Beer Apps for Oktoberfest
NEW YORK (TheStreet) - There may be approximately 2,000 "Oktoberfests" organized annually throughout the world, according to the official site of Munich, but the German city's Oktoberfest, which is currently underway, trumps all of them.
The three-week long festival, hosted on 26 acres near Munich City Center, will welcome about 6 million beer lovers, employ 12,000 workers and generate an estimated 1 billion Euros for the city.
Dating back to 1810, when Bavarian Prince Ludwig married Princess Therese of Sachsen-Hildburghausen in an epic five-day wedding celebration, the Munich Oktoberfest is said to be the largest folk festival in the world.
But don't be fooled by sightings of Bavarian lederhosen, dirndls, and the limited menu of bratwursts, pork knuckles and chicken - Not all of the traditions at the original Oktoberfest are two-centuries old. In fact, TheStreet recommends that the most devoted beer festival fans download these five Apple (AAPL) iPad apps to fully tap into the fun (responsibly, of course):
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV