Macworld.com is reporting that the hot, new smartphone will now be sold by service providers such as Appalachian Wireless, Cellcom, C Spire, Leap Wireless' (LEAP) Cricket Communications, GCI, and nTelos (NTLS) beginning today.
US Cellular (USM) , the country's seventh largest carrier, is not offering the iPhone 5. They've never offered Apple products
Some regional companies are charging different prices for the new phones. Appalachian Wireless, Cellcom and nTelos are asking $149.99 for their 16 GB models, $249.99 for the 32 GB and $349.99 for the 64 GB phones. Cricket is asking $499.99, off-contract, for an unlocked, 16 GB phone. Neither C Spire nor GCI have announced their pricing plans as of yet.Today is also release day for the iPhone 5 in 22 additional countries including Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland (Nokia's homer base), Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. Shares of Apple, which issued an apology for the new iOS 6 mapping application, slipped 1.47% to $671.3 on Friday. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV