Jensen: Companies That Make the World Run
Sep 25, 2012 | 06:00 AM EDT
2. The industry is very fragmented. This should allow this company to continue making strategic bolt on transactions. It recently took a small $25 million acquisition of an Omaha company that expands its capability to transport refrigerated product.
3. Earnings are growing at a solid clip. The company is on track to making $1.21 a share in 2012, a nice bump up from the $0.82 a share it made last year. Analysts have $1.45 a share in earnings projected for 2013.
4.The seven analysts that cover the stock have a $23-per-share median price target on the stock. Price targets are in a tight range of $22 to $24 a share. Echo Global Logistics (ECHO - Get Report) provides technology-enabled transportation and supply-chain management services in the U.S. It has a Web-based technology platform that compiles and analyzes data from its network of approximately 24,000 transportation providers. Here are four reasons Echo Global Logistics is undervalued at $17.50 a share: 1. The company is tracking to more than 25% revenue growth in 2012, and analysts expect another 20%-plus sales increase in 2013. The stock sports a five-year projected PEG of 0.83, under the 1.0 threshold.
2. Earnings are exploding at this fast-growing logistical-software firm. The company has grown EPS consistently and impressively over the past five years. It made $0.11 cents a share in 2007 and should book $0.70 in EPS this fiscal year.
3. The nine analysts who cover the stock have a median price target of $23 a share on Echo Global. Price targets range from $22 to $26 a share, all substantially above the current stock price.
4. The company has gone from a negative $5 million in operating cash flow in 2009 to the current level of more than $18 million in trailing OCF. It also has a cash-rich balance sheet, with almost $50 million in net cash on the books.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.